40 Gluten Free Camp Snacks- Every camper needs a snack!
Gluten Free Camp Snacks
Camp snacks are a necessity for any camp experience whether it be girls camp, youth conference, boy scout, young men’s camp, Father and Sons, 4-H, or any other camp. If you are the camp leader always check with the kids and their parents about snacks. The people who will be involved will be able to give you ideas for things that work for them.
If you are the parent sending your kids off to camp; this list is a great place to start.
*Always read ingredients and double check that they do not contain: wheat, rye, barley, oats (unless certified and only if you are used to eating oats), malt, and barley malt. Sometimes things will be labeled gluten free when they really aren’t; this is why it is important to double check labels and ask those that live gluten free what they can tolerate. Not everyone that is gluten free can tolerate the same things nor do they have the same likes (just like anyone else). Also, not all gluten free products taste good; they are more expensive and you don’t want to waste money on something the parent and camper know their kids won’t eat.
Gluten free candy
- Salt Water Taffy
- Jolly Ranchers
- Milk Chocolate M&M’s
- Peanut M&M’s
- Wonka Pixy Stix
- Laffy Taffy
- Gummy Bears
- Junior Mints
- Tootsie Pops
- Tootsie Rolls
- Life Savers
- Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
Other Snack Ideas
*Remember to check all labels!
- Fruit snacks
- Fresh fruit
- Vegetables and dip- (check dip ingredients)
- KIND Healthy Grains Granola Bars (Some of these bars contain oats so check to make sure your gluten free camper is okay with oats.)
- Bamboo Lane Crunchy Rice Rollers
- Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal, Gluten Free (Make gf Rice Crispy Treats with this cereal. *Kellogg’s Rice Krispies are NOT gluten free! They contain malt.)
- Lay’s Stax Potato Crisps
- Chips and salsa
- Pepperoni Sticks
- Some gluten free Jerky’s but be really diligent about label reading! Kirkland Signature Steak Strips Jerky
Gluten Free Snacks
- Glutino Gluten Free Pretzels
- Snyder’s of Hanover Gluten Free Pretzel Honey Mustard and Onion Sticks
- Gluten Free S’mores Kinnikinnick S’moreable Graham Cracker ***Have a separate gluten free bag of marshmallows. Other campers touching regular graham crackers and then reaching into the marshmallow bag; they touch the other marshmallows and the bag. My daughter got sick from this happening. (Same thing can happen with chips and buns, especially when the buns are before the chips in the food line.)
- Gluten free crackers and cheese
Van’s, Fire-Roasted Veggie Crackers and Easy Cheese Snack- canned cheese
- Gluten free cookies (Here’s one idea) KinniToos Gluten Free Cookies, Chocolate Sandwich Crème
- Katz, Gluten Free Powdered Donuts
- Lance Gluten Free Sandwich Crackers, Peanut Butter and Cheese