Gluten Free Lasagna Toss- So Easy!
Saturday we were at the farmer’s market. We went to meet a lady that does gluten free wedding cakes. We wanted to taste some of her products and find out how much she charges. (My daughter is getting married! So, much to do!) We got there late because we were checking out reception centers on our way and we barely made it! Many of the vendors had already closed up and/or were cleaning up. On our way back to the car, we were offered free produce! Free yellow squash and zucchini. Our garden isn’t great this year and so, we were excited to get some!
Tonight we will have Lasagna Toss with yummy, fresh zucchini and yellow squash! I am so looking forward to it! I found this recipe in a church cookbook and it was easy to make gluten free! I had to switch the noodles for gf noodles and I like a mixture of cottage cheese and ricotta cheese. This recipe makes making lasagna super easy!
1 pkg gf noodles (shells or twist or shapes) 1-2 (14 oz )jar spaghetti sauce
1 lb ground beef 1 cup ricotta cheese
Some cottage cheese ½ c onion, chopped
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley 1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese grated parmesan cheese, optional
Chunks (bite size) of fresh vegetables-yellow squash and zucchini are our favorites – Sautee or simmer with meat and sauce until veggies are soft
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook gf pasta according to package, drain. Brown ground beef with onion and garlic, drain off excess fat. Stir in sauce and simmer until meat is cooked. Add vegetables while it is simmering. Remove 1 cup meat sauce; set aside. Stir cooked pasta into remaining sauce. Place ½ pasta mixture in casserole dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. In bowl, mix together a little Parmesan with the ricotta and cottage cheese and parsley. Spread ½ cheese mixture on top. Place remaining pasta mixture on top of cheese; spread remaining cheese and reserved meat sauce and mozzarella and Parmesan on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Cover and bake 20-25 minutes
6 slices of gf bread
gf garlic spread (we use Johnny’s Garlic Spread & Seasoning) follow the directions on the bottle. Johnny’s calls for 1 cup butter but we usually cut it in half and do 1/2 cup butter and 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Johnny’s.
We toast the bread in the toaster and then put the spread on it while it is warm. So, yummy!
- 1 pkg gf noodles shells or twist or shapes
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ c onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese optional
- 1-2 14 oz jar spaghetti sauce (I usually use because I like a lot of sauce.)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package, drain.
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic, drain off excess fat.
- Stir in sauce and simmer until meat is cooked through.
- Remove 1 cup meat sauce; set aside.
- Stir cooked pasta into remaining sauce.
- Place ½ pasta mixture in casserole dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- In bowl, mix together a little Parmesan with the ricotta and cottage cheese and parsley.
- Spread ½ cheese mixture on top.
- Place remaining pasta mixture on top of cheese; spread remaining cheese and reserved meat sauce and mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cover and bake 20-35 minutes or until heated through.
Leave your reply.