This is a no-bake gluten free pie! It is easy to make with simple ingredients. You will love this Chocolate Dirt Pie! For a twist decorate with gummy worms, in the “dirt”.
Ingredients for the Chocolate Dirt Pie:
5.9 oz box of Pudding- I used chocolate fudge, but any flavor of chocolate will do. Follow the directions on the package. Which means you will also need:
3 cups milk
8 oz Cool Whip
3 Tbs melted butter
Gluten free chocolate cookies. My family likes K-Toos . However Glutino chocolate cookies also work well and taste good.
Direction for the Chocolate Dirt Pie:
Make your pudding first, by following the directions on the box of pudding. You will need 3 cups of milk to complete this. Set aside and let set up while you prepare the pie crust.
*I spray the pie plate with a non-stick spray, just to be sure it can be easily served when it is time.
You need to chop or smash your cookies really fine. You don’t want any big pieces left. You can do this by using a chopper, food processor or put in a zip-lock baggie and roll a heavy rolling pin on them.
Put 3/4 of the crushed cookies into a bowl and mix with the melted butter. Set aside the rest of the cookie crumbs for later.
When all the crushed cookies are wet, put the mixture into the pie plate. Press up the sides and the bottom.
Remove approximately 1 cup of pudding from the set up pudding. There is a little too much pudding to fit in the pie plate.
Stir in 1/2 of the Cool Whip.
Spread into your crust.
Top with the cookie crumbs that you set aside. Refrigerate for approximately 4 hours. Serve with the rest of the Cool Whip to top off each slice.
Happy Pie Day!
Chocolate Dirt Pie- Gluten Free
- 5.9 oz box of chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 3 Tbs melted butter
- Box of K-Toos chocolate cookies
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- *Optional -Gummy worms
- Make the pudding first, so it can set up. Use the 3 cups of milk as it is called for on the box of pudding. Set aside. It will continue to set up as you prepare the crust.
- Crush the cookies finely.
- Spray pie plate with non-stick spray.
- Put 3/4 of the cookies in a bowl and mix with melted butter. When crumbs are moist put in prepared pie plate/pan/tin. Press on bottom and up sides.
- Remove approximately 1 cup of pudding from the set up pudding. (Let the kids enjoy it.)
- Add to the remaining pudding 1/2 of the Cool Whip. Stir until combined.
- Pour into the prepared crust.
- Cover the top with the cookie crumbs you set aside.
- Refrigerate approximately 4 hours.
- Serve with the rest of the Cool Whip.
- Option * put gummy worms on top in the "dirt"