Gluten Free Cream Soup Mix
When I was first diagnosed I went through all of my recipes and moved all my casserole recipe cards to the back of my card file. After discovering this soup base and getting the hang of making soup as part of making dinner; I added casseroles back into our menu plans.
I love this cream soup! I keep this soup base mix in a container so I can make it quickly for any recipe. I have modified it a little bit, the original recipe was from Bette Hagman. The original recipe added dry bouillon to the mix and I don’t. Waiting to add the boullion makes it possible to easily flavor it for chicken or beef.
Keep mixed to make gluten free creamed soup!
Gluten Free Cream Soup
- 1 Cup rice flour
- 1 Cup gf dry/ powdered milk
- 2 Tb minced dry onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Using the Soup Mix:
- 1 1/4 C Water divided
- 3-4 T of the above mix
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon or favorite gf bouillon
- 1 T Butter Optional- to make creamier
Making the Mix
- Mix the dry ingredients and keep in an air tight container until ready to make cream soup.
Making the Soup
- In 1/4 C water stir 3-4 Tbs mix (How many Tablespoons you use, depends on how thick you want it).
- Put the mixture in a sauce pan and add 1 cup water and 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon and stir. Option to add butter at this stage. Stir and thicken on med-high.