Making your own crust means you can make it as thick or thin as you like it! Personally, I am not a fan of thin, cardboard like crusts. I like the crust to be a little bit fluffy. To me, this is the perfect crust pizza!
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons GF flour mix (I have used different flours and cup for cup or all purpose still works well, but I prefer a feather light mixture.)
2 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar (Divided- add the 1 teaspoon to the dry ingredients, but put the 1/2 tsp sugar on top of the yeast and water. )
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons quick rising yeast (Put the 1/2 tsp sugar and yeast in the warm water, before adding to the dry ingredients.)
1 teaspoon vinegar (I usually use apple cider vinegar)
1 1/4 cups warm water
You want the mixture to be like frosting. The texture is different then a rolled out dough.
Mix together. Beat 3 minutes on medium high. Spray cookie sheet with gf non-stick spray. Spread out dough, it will be wet kind of like frosting and you’ll need to spread it with a spatula. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes. Top with favorite toppings: sauce, hamburger, sausage, ham, etc. Bake for 8 more minutes.
*If you are making the Turkey Club Pizza, before you cook it for 20 minutes. You will need to do the lemon juice and sesame seeds.
Option 1: Small to med. can of tomato sauce (extra sauce can be used for dipping the pizza or bread sticks into.) Add Italian herbs, Basil, oregano and parsley flakes. I like to add some garlic powder and onion powder, too. I do everything to taste.
Option 2: Use spaghetti sauce. (I suggest a meat flavored one or garlic herb.)
Option 3: Gluten free Ranch dressing. Great for chicken pizzas.
Option 4: Gluten free Alfredo sauce
Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- pizza pan or stone
- Stand alone Mixer
- liquid measuring cup
- pizza cutter
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour (I have used different flours and cup for cup or all purpose still works well, but I prefer a feather light mixture.)
- 2 T Gluten Free Flour It needs just a little bit more flour.
- 2 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp Sugar divided
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tsp quick rising gf yeast
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 C Warm water
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put all ingredients except for yeast, warm water and 1/2 tsp sugar into mixing bowl.
- Add yeast to warm water, sprinkle sugar on top.
- When yeast has proofed, add to other ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Scrap sides and beat on medium high for 3 minutes.
- Spray pizza pan or stone with non-stick gluten free cooking spray.
- Spread dough out with a spatula. Dough should be thick like frosting. Spread as thick or thin as you like. (I usually do one rectangular stone and then a smaller (about half what is on the stone) on another stone or pan. (I use the smaller one for cheese, garlic or dessert pizza.)
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add sauce and other toppings.
- Bake for additional 8 minutes so ingredients can warm and cheese can melt.